Our website now offers an online member directory. This new webpage is password-protected and is available only to members who have submitted information to the directory.
Here are the official rules for the membership directory webpage:
1. Participation is voluntary. However, only those who submit information will have access to the password-protected site.
2. Submissions for the directory should include contact information and a picture. The suggested format is as follows:
- Phone number
- NAR/TRA affiliation/level
- HAM call sign
- Short bio or other information you would like to include (optional, please limit to 2-3 lines)
- Picture (that shows your face). Suggested size is passport (2″ x 2″), can include rockets for ID. Please limit size to ~200k (suggest 150 dpi). (Note: there will be photographers at the next launch that can help with pictures.)
If you are a member and wish to be included in the directory, please email us.
A new challenge has recently been approved for NXRS 2013 – “The Tinder Trailer Trasher.” It will be replacing the Shred Race.
This contest requires each flyer to fly a moonburner or star grain motor (single grain) to fly in an altitude race between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM on Saturday, June 29.
- Must be either K or L motors.
- Must be 54mm diameter.
- Must have a burn time of greater than 5 seconds.
- Can be research or commercial motors.
- Monograin is preferred.
- Must pass RSO approval.
- Must be part of the racks between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM Saturday to qualify.
The T^4, or The Tinder Trailer Trasher @ NXRS is one that you must have the rocket that reaches the highest altitude without Shredding. Winner gets bragging rights, and a prize provided by Tinder Rocketry. Winner’s choice – either an L2 Tender Descender, or an Exhaustless Peregrine CO2 ejection system.
More information can be found here.
Our 2013 FAA waiver has been approved. All Brothers launches this year can now operate under our full 46,780 foot waiver. Many thanks to Brian Van’t Hul, our 2013 launch director, for getting this taken care of! So go ahead and build your rockets, let’s have a great season.